Andrew’s role as a Member of Parliament is to represent all his constituents at Westminster, regardless of whether or not they voted for him. If you are a constituent, Andrew may be able to help you in a variety of ways; from making representations on your behalf, writing to relevant Government Ministers, or raising matters publicly in the House of Commons.

Members of Parliament are often able to help you with issues for which Parliament or Government are responsible. These may include:

Taxation issues;
Concerns regarding health, hospitals and the National Health Service;
Issues concerning housing, benefits, pensions or government allowances;
Immigration, passport or identity matters;
Issues relating to local schools or higher education;
Making a complaint to the Ombudsman regarding a government body.

Please note that Members of Parliament are not permitted to intervene in any matters of a legal nature (this may include policing matters and private disputes) and cannot offer legal advice.

If you feel very strongly about a certain issue, you may decide to organise a petition to the House of Commons. You can obtain advice on petitions by writing to:

Clerk of Public Petitions
Journal Office
House of Commons